Beat Tape Co-Op – Interview With Vingthor the Hurler [Interview]
Real name: Thor Odinson
Alias: Vingthor the Hurler, Thorlief Golmen, Lord of Asgard, God of Thunder, Lord of Storms, The Mighty
Thor, the Thunderer, the Odinson, Son of Odin, the Scion of all Asgard, Goldilocks, the Immortal Avenger,
the Bringer of Sorrow, etc…
02. Where you from?
03. How many years have you been a producer?
I started making beats in 2003, had a 4 years pause because I started rapping then went back to beats, you
can’t stop me now.
04. What made you want to become a producer?
Need of beats, I am also a MC (I rap in Spanish) which made me search for beats all the time, then like in
everything I do, when I need something I do it myself… that’s the only way you have the things just like you
05. What is your biggest accomplishment as a producer?
That I always did exactly what I wanted to do.
06. Do you have a favorite musical project that you’ve worked on?
I believe every project it’s special, I put my 110% on each, they was the main reason of stress release at a
certain time, an escape, a productive way to distract my mind and express myself without words.
07. Would you like to share what equipment you use to make beats?
08. What do you like to do for fun outside of working on music?
Listen to music, lift weights, protect Asgard.
09. Do you have a favorite format of music you like more so then others: Vinyl, Cassettes, CD’s,
Vinyl over everything, then tapes and MD…
10. Who are your top 5 producers?
in no particular order, RZA, DJ Muggs, MF DOOM, Stoupe, Lord Beatjitzu
11. Which famous musicians/producers do you admire and why?
RZA and DJ Muggs, because the style/sound they created inspired a whole new generation of producers in
a different way.
12. Growing up what were your favorite magazines?
Whatever that includes naked girls
13. If you could do an instrumental collaboration project with 1 producer who would that be? And
what would the title of the album be?
RZA, The Asgardians RZArection
14. If you could do a collaboration project with you making the beats and had to work with 1 MC
who would it be and why?
B Real, because I will try to do something like the Temple of Boom era.
15. Any last words… projects you got out now…..what else do you plan to drop in 2014?
Visit asgardrecords.storenvy.com and buy some merch, only way independent artist can continue putting
original shit out there is with the support of the people.
2014 will see at least 2 beat tapes coming out of Asgard Records, 1st entirely produced using only the
SP505 (which is ready but need to mix the final product), 2nd one will be SP606 straight to a 4 track
cassette mixer (need to start from scratch)
Thanks to Vingthor the Hurler!